Many executives and business owners tend to focus on the day to day operations of the organization, forgetting to take the time to look in the mirror to reflect on what behaviors they have developed and what changes they can make to improve their overall well-being and performance. They sometimes find that they have stopped growing in their roles and struggle to get help for their own self-development. Sometimes they have been successful and need to take on larger challenges or roles. Other times they simply need a sounding board or someone to help them hone their skills in the talent they already have.
Whether you’re in a new role and facing challenges, or are an experienced executive or business owner or a seasoned executive, coaching can help you change your thinking and behavior. A coach can help you reshape how you see and approach things. Being more flexible and responsive to your circumstances rather than being stuck to habits and patterns can unlock your potential for growth.
Many individuals confuse coaching with consulting. Nothing can be further from the truth. A consultant provides answers to the clients and in most cases times does the work for them. Then they go away until the client once again needs answers and work done for them. A coach will help the client reshape their thinking and approach, enabling them to be more responsive in formulating answers to their challenges. Coaching is a partnership that is designed to increase work performance, self-management skills, and the ability to effectively manage other people.
If a coaching client is willing to engage in the coaching process and is committed to learning and growing, a coach can help transition their management skills and leadership style for personal excellence and business success.
Here are just a few reasons why an individual may want to consider the services of a coach:
- Need to clarify a vision and communicate it so others will follow.
- Tend to try to do everything themself and don’t know how to delegate.
- Procrastinate due to insecurity because of inner voices (gremlins) that keep telling them they will not succeed.
- Lack focus or are over-focused.
- Struggling with professional relationships and the need to “fix” behaviors.
- Ready to take the next step and prepare for a larger role and responsibility.
- Needing an unbiased sounding board and/or a need to be held accountable.
- Knowing what to do but don’t have the tools to implement change.
- A need to find balance in life and start enjoying the things they love to do.
- Focusing on small details when they should be looking at the “sky-view” of things.
These are but a few of the reasons a person may want to engage the services of a coach. If you see one or more of these in yourself or your valued employees, I might be able to help.
The coaching process can be accomplished one-on-one or in a team or group process. With today’s technology we can coach clients located in other cities or countries, without the coach or client ever leaving the comfort of their office.
Become the effective leader you can be and leave the mindset of “a hope and a prayer” that things will work themselves out. By the time you realize they won’t, it can be too late. Coaching is about improvement and changes so that you and your business perform at a much higher level. A coach can be the catalyst to generate that improvement and positive change.
As a subscriber to my newsletter I offer you or one of your valued employees a free initial coaching session to introduce you to coaching and to help you understand your own motivational strategy. Don’t let this opportunity slip through your hands.
I hope you contact me soon. In the meantime… take care.